An example of a skilled Filipino watchmaker who wanted to change the old and substandard method in watch repairing in the country and become global but could not afford expensive equipment so he designed and made them and developed the curriculum in watch repair technician. (Story in blog archive October 2009)

Friday, May 1, 2020

Making a home-made sweep second pinion.

I think one of the most difficult job that a watchmaker can do is to find a replacement part but every watch parts stores here in Manila is saying "sorry no part available". Maybe it's hard for me to say "no" to my customer especially when at the corner of my mind there is something I can do to solve the problem. It's my more than 47 years of experience in watch repairing that I can duplicate a hard-to-find part using my skill with my lathe and other tools. Now you can see at the pictures how I solved the problem making a replacement sweep second pinion of an AP chronograph watch. As you can at the last picture the new replacement part is already at the center and passed the free wheeling test. By the way the original sweep second pinion was missing when the customer brought it to me telling me that he brought it to another watch technician but rejected it saying that they do not have the parts needed. https://www.facebook.com/BigTicClockmaker/videos/1964697887157037/ https://www.facebook.com/BigTicClockmaker/videos/968589346666193/ PLEASE VISIT THESE TO WATCH VIDEOS, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Teacher in watch repair technology, awarded as Top Inventor of the Year 2003, tower clockmaker